Industrial printing that fits your budget.
Zebra’s most affordable industrial printers, the ZT200™ Series, incorporate extensive customer feedback and the learnings from legacy printers—creating innovative printers with a space-saving design. Featuring Zebra’s Link-OS® environment, the ZT200 Series provides users with effortless setup, intuitive operation and easy service and maintenance.
The ZT200 Series offers two models — the ZT220 and the ZT230 – see datasheet for comparison of models.
• Print methods: direct-thermal or thermal-transfer (optional)
• Construction: metal frame with choice of metal (ZT230) or plastic (ZT220) media cover
• Bi-fold media door with large clear window
• Side-loading supplies path for simplified media and ribbon loading
• Thin film printhead with E3™ Element Energy™ Equalizer for superior print quality
• Bi-color LEDs for quick printer status
• Icon-based LCD multilingual graphical user interface and full function keypad (ZT230)
• Simple keypad (ZT220)
• Communications: USB 2.0 and RS-232 Serial ports
• ENERGY STAR qualified
• Resolution: 203 dpi/8 dots per mm & 300 dpi/12 dots per mm (optional)
• Memory: 128 MB SDRAM memory / 128 MB on-board linear Flash memory
• Maximum Print Width: 4.09″/104 mm
• Maximum Print Speed: 6″/152 mm per second
• Media Sensors: Transmissive and reflective sensors
• Print Length: 203 dpi: 157″/3988 mm & 300 dpi: 73″/1854 mm
• Maximum Media Width: 0.75″/19.4 mm to 4.50″/114 mm
• Maximum Media Roll Size: 8.0″/203 mm O.D. on a 3.0″/76 mm I.D. core & 6.0″/152 mm O.D. on a 1.0″/25 mm I.D. core
• Thickness: 0.003″/0.076 mm to 0.010″/0.25 mm
• Media Types: Continuous, die-cut, notch, black mark
• Standard Length: ZT220: 984’/300 m & ZT230: 1,476’/450 m
• Width: 1.57″/40 mm to 4.33″/110 mm
• Core: 1.0″/25.4 mm
• Environmental Operating Temperature:
Thermal transfer = 40ºF to 105ºF/5ºC to 40ºC
Direct thermal = 32ºF to 105ºF/0ºC to 40ºC
• Operating Humidity: 20% to 85% non-condensing
• Storage/Transportation Temperature: -40ºF to 140ºF/-40ºC to 60ºC
• Storage Humidity: 5% to 85% non-condensing
• Electrical: Universal auto-ranging (PFC-compliant) power supply 100-240 VAC; 47-63 Hz / ENERGY STAR qualified
• Agency Approvals: IEC 60950, EN 55022 Class B, EN 55024, EN 61000-3-2, EN 61000-3-3
ZT220: cTUVus, CE, FCC, ICES-003, VCCI, C-Tick, NOM, Gost-R, BSMI, S-Mark (Argentina), KC, CCC, UkrSepro, SII, SABS
ZT230: cTUVus, CE, FCC, ICES-003, VCCI, C-Tick, NOM, Gost-R, BSMI, S-Mark (Argentina), KC, CCC, UkrSepro, SII, SABS
• Length: ZT220 Closed: 17″/432 mm / ZT230 Closed: 17″/432 mm
• Width: ZT220 Closed: 9.4″/239 mm / ZT230 Closed: 9.5″/242 mm
• Height: ZT220 Closed: 11″/280 mm / ZT230 Closed: 10.9″/277 mm
• Weight: ZT220 Closed: 17 lbs./7.8 kg / ZT230 Closed: 20 lbs./9.1 kg
• Link-OS Solutions
• Document Design — Quickly design a customized print solution using your business data and Zebra’s intuitive, plug-and-print design tools.
• Device Integration — Zebra offers apps and products designed to help you integrate Zebra devices into your existing systems.
• Device Management — Manage your print operations locally and globally with Zebra’s suite of device management tools.
• Developer Tools — Provides you the tools you need to create your own apps, including documentation, source code, programming languages, templates and more.
• Web View — Connect and control Zebra barcode printers using ZPL II via the printer’s web interface using common web browsers.
• Alert — Printers equipped with ZebraNet print servers will notify you via any email enabled, wired, or wireless device to minimize downtime.
• ZBI 2.0™ — Optional powerful programming language that lets printers run stand-alone applications, connect to peripherals, and much more.
• ZPL and ZPL II® — Zebra Programming Language provides sophisticated label formatting and printer control and is compatible with all Zebra printers.
• EPL and EPL2™— Eltron® Programming Language with Line Mode simplifies label formatting and enables format compatibility with legacy applications. (EPL with Line
• Linear Barcodes: Code 11, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128 with subsets A/B/C and UCC Case Codes, ISBT-128, UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC and EAN with 2 or 5 digit extensions, Plessey, Postnet, Standard 2-of-5, Industrial 2-of-5, Interleaved 2-of-5, Logmars, MSI, Codabar, Planet Code
• 2D Barcodes: Aztec, Codablock, PDF417, Code 49, Data Matrix, MaxiCode, QR Code, MicroPDF417, TLC 39, RSS-14 (and composite).
• 7 bitmapped, 1 smooth-scalable (CG Triumvirate™ Bold Condensed*)
• Pre-loaded Unicode™-compliant scalable fonts for EMEA character sets
• International character sets supporting the following code page: IBM® Code Page 850
• Supports user-defined fonts and graphics, including custom logos
• ZPL II drawing commands including boxes and lines
• 58 MB user available non-volatile memory storage for downloadable objects
• 4 MB user-available SDRAM
*Contains UFST® from Agfa Monotype Corporation
ZebraNet® a/b/g/n Print Server (internal)
ZebraNet® 10/100 Print Server (internal or external)
Centronics® Parallel port (internal)
• Media Handling
Peel — a front-mount, passive-peel with no take-up spindle
Peel — a front-mount, passive-peel with liner take-up spindle (factory-fit only)
Cutter — a front-mount guillotine cutter
• Real Time Clock (RTC)
• Keyboard Display Unit: ZKDU™ keyboard display units for stand-alone printing applications