Printronix T6000 Series
The Powerful T6000 Series represents the next generation industrial, high-performance thermal barcode printer.
Setting new benchmarks for speed, print quality, validation and reliability, the T6000 is engineered with the singular mission of increasing true productivity and lowering compliance fees. Loaded with advanced features, validation technology, RFID capabilities and the most comprehensive emulation package available, the T6000 delivers supercharged performance for a wide array of applications.
• High performance ARM Cortex-A9
• State-of-the-art WiFi connectivity
• Die-cast aluminum frame w/metal door
• Available in 203 DPI and 300 DPI
• Transfer and direct printing
• 512MB RAM / 128MB Flash Memory
• 4″ and 6″ model configurations
• 4-32 GB SD memory card capability
• Premium Asian and Andale font support
• ENERGY STAR Certified
• Max Print Speed: 356mm (14″)/s
• Print Method: Thermal Transfer/Direct Thermal
• Resolution: 203dpi
• Max. Print Width: 4.1″ (104mm)
• Printer Memory 512MB RAM / 128MB Flash
• Media Type: Roll or Fan-Fold Labels, Tags, Paper, Film, Tickets
• Min. Media Width: 1″ (25.4mm)
• Max. Media Width: 4.5″ (114.3mm)
• Min. Media Length: 0.25″ / 1.0″ (Continuous/Tear-Off) / 0.5″ (Peel-Off)
• Max. Media Length: Up to 99″
• Media Thickness: 2.5 Mil (0.0025″) to 10 Mil (0.010″)
• Media Roll Core Diameter: 1.5″ (37.5mm) to 3.0″ (76mm)
• Max. Media Roll Diameter: 8.0″ (209mm)
• Media Sensing: Gap, Mark
• Ribbon Type: Wax, Wax/Resin, Resin
• Coating: Coated side in, coated side out
• Min. Ribbon Width: 1″ (25.4mm)
• Max. Ribbon Width: 4.5″ (114.3mm)
• Max. Ribbon Length: 450 Meters
• Width: 10.9″ (276.9mm)
• Height: 12.3″ (312.4mm)
• Depth: 20.3″ (515.6mm)
• Printer Weight: 33.6 lbs. (14.5Kg)
• Shipping Weight: 42.6 lbs. (18.6Kg)
• IGP Languages: PGL/VGL/ZGL/TGL/IGL/STGL/DGL/IEGL/MGL
• Job Control Languages: PJL, XML, and PTX-SETUP
• Optional Languages: IPDS / TN5250 / PDF Level 1.7, Postscript Level 3
• Standard Interface I/O: Serial RS232, USB, and Ethernet 10/100Base T
• Optional Interface I/O: Parallel, WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n), GPIO
• WiFi Security Protocol: WEP 40/128bit, WPA Personal (PSK),
WPA2 Personal (PSK) and Enterprise (AES CCMP), EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLs, PEAPv0/MS-CHAPv2, PEAPv1, EAP-MD5
• Standard: Continuous, Tear-Off Strip, Tear-Off
• Options: Peel-Off, Cut, and Rewind
• Online Data Validator (ODV): Validates, Grade, Report, and Overstrike barcodes
Supports 1D Barcodes (Picket Fence)
Compatible with RFID encoding
• UHF EPC Gen2 / ISO18000-6C: Multi-position RF antenna, Advanced Printer Encoder Firmware encodes and validates Gen2 compliant tags
On-Pitch label to 0.625 in (depending on inlay) PGL, ZPL, STGL, MGL language support Counters track good / bad label encoding
• Operating Temperature: 40 to 104 °F (5 to 40 °C)
• Operating Humidity: 20 – 85% Non-Condensing
• Storage Temperature: 23 to 140 °F (-5 to 60 °C)
• Storage Humidity: 5 – 85% Non-Condensing
• Line Input: Auto Range 100 – 264 VAC (48 – 62 Hz)
• Emissions: FCC, CE, CCC
• Safety: cTUVus, CE, EAC, SABS, RCM, CCC, KCC, S-MARK, NOM
• Environmental: RoHS, WEEE, Energy Star
• Radios (WiFi/RFID): FCC, CE, IC, and others based on market need
• 1D Barcodes: BC-412, Code 11, Code 39, Code 35, Code 93, Codabar,
Code128 Subsets A/B/C, Industrial 2 of 5, Interleave
2 of 5, German I-2/5, EAN-8, EAN-13, UCC/EAN-128,
UPC-A, UPC-E, UPCSHIP, UPS 11, MSI, Matrix 2 of 5,
PLESSEY, POSTNET, 4-state PostBar, Australian 4-state,
FIM, ITF14, TELEPEN, PLANET, USPS Intelligent Mail,
• 2D Barcodes: PDF-417, MicroPDF-417, Maxicode, DataMatrix,
QR Codes, Aztec, GS1 Databar (RSS-14)
• Graphic Formats: PCX, TIFF, BMP, PNG
• Font Technologies: Intellifont, TrueType, Unicode
• Standard Fonts: OCRA, OCRB, Courier, Letter Gothic, CG Times,
• Asian Fonts (Optional SD card): Simplified Chinese, Japanese, and Korean
• Andale Fonts (Optional SD card): Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese
• PDF/ PostScript Level 3: 35 Fonts
• PrintNet Enterprise Auto ID: Enterprise Grade Remote Management Solution
• WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (US/EU/CAN)
• Rewind 4″/6″
• Parallel Port
• Heavy Duty Cutter 4″/6″
• Peel & Present 4″/6″
• Premium Asian Font Cards
• Andale Font Cards
• QCMC (SD Quick Change Memory Card)
• Online Data Validator (ODV)
• UHF RFID (US 902-928MHz, EU 866-868MHz)
How is the T6000 positioned within the Printronix thermal printer portfolio?
The T6000 is the premier mid-level industrial thermal printer for the most demanding mission critical manufacturing and distribution operations in the mid-range market.
Is the T6000 replacing an existing Printronix printer?
Yes. It replaces our existing T4M Thermal Printer.
What are the major differences between the T6000 vs. T4M?
The T6000 is available in both a 4” and 6” model and offers 40% faster print speed at 14 IPS, full color 3.4” display panel, and PostScript/PDF support. The T6000 also offers the option for Online Data Validation to help eliminate unreadable codes, charge-backs, and fines.
Is there a performance improvement with the new T6000?
Definitely. The T6000 printers offer 6x faster processing speed, 8x more standard memory, and 40% faster print speed at 14 inches per second (ips).
What are the different width size models available with the T6000?
The models are featured in 4 and 6 inch widths.
My applications require both Direct and Transfer printing method. Can the T6000 support both Direct and Transfer printing?
Yes, the printer comes configured to print for both Direct and Transfer printing.
What sets the T6000 apart from other thermal barcode printers in the market?
The speed, versatility, and reliability of the T6000 make it the premier printer for the mid-range market. The Printronix Auto ID Intelligent Heat Management system insures that the T6000 can print readable codes at higher speeds than competitive printers for true productivity. The option to include RFID or Optical Data Verification (ODV) makes the T6000 truly versatile to address new applications and market requirements. The T6000 has the most extensive emulation package in the industry and can easily fit into a wide variety of print environments.
What are the primary target user environments for the T6000?
The versatility of the T6000 makes it the premier printer for the mid-range market. Automobile, food & beverage, and retail distribution are a perfect match for the capabilities of the T6000.
I am currently using a printer from one of your competitors. Can the T6000 replace my printer and plug-and-play without additional effort and cost?
The T6000 supports emulations for most major competitor printers; Zebra, Datamax, Sato, Toshiba Tec, Intermec, and more.
What is the benefit of having PostScript/PDF printer command language?
The major benefit of having PostScript/PDF printer command language is the ability to replace unreliable and high maintenance cost laser printers used to print labels.
What are the standard and optional communication interface ports for the T6000?
Standard Interfaces are: RS-232 (9 pin), USB and Ethernet. Optional Interfaces are: Parallel IEEE1284, GPIO and Wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n.
How do I configure and change the printer configuration using the color control panel?
The ICON based control panel will guide you through the changes of configuration and settings of the printer. With the user-friendly step-by-step setup wizard, you can manage the printer settings easily. If you need more information, please refer to the Administrator’s Manual.
How do I load labels and ribbons into the printer?
T6000 printer offers extremely simple side loading of media and ribbon. An easy to follow illustration is available in the User’s Setup Guide and on the inside of the media cover. Also, a Printer Setup Wizard in the control panel describes in detail how it’s done. If you prefer, you can always go to our “How-to Videos” section.
How do I calibrate the labels?
The Control Panel Printer Setup Wizard provides an easy-to-follow calibration process. The Settings menu allows you to select the Gap/Mark sensor to match the type of media installed. In addition, you can set the printer to do an Auto Calibrate at power up or when the pivoting deck has opened and closed. In all cases the printer will advance a few labels and calibrate the sensors so that they will detect top-of-form (TOF).
How do I adjust for the best print quality?
A Print Quality Wizard under the Wizard Control Panel menu describes in detail how to obtain the best print quality.
Is a ribbon core required on the take-up spool?
No, the T6000 features an improved design with a releasable take-up spindle that does not require a spool. This simplifies printer operation and maintenance.
Do I need a tool to replace the printhead?
No printhead replacement is a simple process that requires no additional tools.
Can I swap the printhead from 203dpi to 300 dpi?
Yes. The printheads are user replaceable and will automatically detect and accept when a user has changed from a 203 to a 300 dpi or vice-versa.
Is the T6000 printhead backward compatible with T5000 or T4M?
No. New features, such as higher speed and a printhead that independently retains all the statistical printhead data, require a different printhead.
How do I restore the printer back to factory defaults?
Use the front panel and select: Settings > Configs > Load Config > Factory.
What options and accessories are available with the T6000?
The T6000 offers a number of options and accessories from media handling, optional communication interfaces, RFID, and many more found on our website
Where can I download the printer Administrator’s Manual and Drivers?
You can download the Admin Manual and Drivers from our website
T6204 Printer (with RFID) – £2,724
Wifi Module – £400
Heavy Duty Cutter – £594
Online Data Validation (ODV)- £1,580 if ordered with the printer
203dpi – £383*
300dpi – £471*
*All prices are the manufacturer’s list price excluding VAT. These are subject to change without notice due to exchange rate fluctuations.
Reseller discounts vary by brand. Refer to the latest TPS price list for your current reseller prices. All specifications shown are subject to change without notice.