Printronix M4L2 Product Video
With MX20 on hand, label printing becomes so simple between your fingertips.
The M4L2 stands for power, reliability and ultimate mobility. Showcasing the industry’s first high-performance radio module with Dual-Antenna Technology, best-in-class battery life and rugged design, the M4L2 is built to improve your bottom line by increasing efficiency.
With available Bluetooth or WiFi interface options this mobile printer also comes factory-ready for ZPL II® and CPCL printer languages. Extremely user-friendly, the M4L2 features a large backlit LCD user interface and large media roll capacity for less downtime.
• Constant Connectivity – Industry’s First Mobile Printer with Dual-Antenna Technology.
This technology puts the M4L2 in a class of its own by extending WiFi range and reducing dead spots. Compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n standards and supporting both 2.5 Ghz and 5.0 Ghz frequency bands, the Dual-Antenna technology facilitates robust networking on your premises. The supercharged radio module increases data transmission speeds and delivers faster label printing of up to 4 IPS.
• High Performance Battery – 11% more than our closest competitor
The M4L2 is designed to power an entire work shift, even with the most demanding work load. The outstanding battery-life surpasses our competition by 11%, keeping your supply chain running smoothly all day long.
• Rugged Design – Drop-resistant durability
With any mobile printing solution, durability is an essential element. The rubber-infused over-molding construction makes the M4L2 an extremely reliable printer that can withstand multiple drops from up to 5 ft (1.5m). Adding the optional IP54 certified case-protector not only increases resistance to water and dust, but also protects the M4L2 from drops up to 6ft (1.8m).
Experience the best of Printronix’s enterprise grade products, durability and reliability, customer support and service longevity with the latest portable innovation in warehouse efficiency and accuracy – the reliable M4L2.
• Strong and reliable wireless connections for ultimate mobility
• Dual Antenna technology for high performance connectivity
• Highest battery power for continuous printing
• High performance 32-Bit RISC Processor
• Multiple drops resistant up to 5 feet
• Rubber-infused rugged industrial design
• One-Hand easy to change media
• Enterprise Grade Secure WiFi or Bluetooth
• Large and Intuitive 4 Buttons 2″ LCD display panel (256 x 128 pixels)
• Large media roll capacity for higher productivity
• Print Speed: 4″/102mm per second
• Print Method: Direct Thermal
• Resolution: 203 dpi / 8 dots per mm
• Min/Max Print Width: 2.0″ (50.8mm) – 4.09″ (104mm)
• Printer Memory: 32MB RAM / 16MB Flash
Up to 4GB SD Card (Option)
• Media Type: Labels, Receipts, Die-Cut, Roll-Fed, Black Mark and Fan-Fold
• Min/Max Media Width: 2.0″ (50.8mm) / 4.4″ (112mm)
• Media Length (Min/Max): 0.5″ – 90″ (12.7 – 2,286mm)
1.0″ – 6.0″ (25.4 – 152.4mm) for Peel
• Media Thickness: 2.2 – 6.5 Mil (0.055 – 0.165mm)
• Media Capacity: 2.65″ OD (67.3mm)
• Media Sensing: Transmissive, Reflective, Peel
• Media Handling Modes: Tear-Off, Peel-Off
• Width: 6.30″ (160mm)
• Height: 7.54″ (191.6mm)
• Depth: 3.11″ (79mm)
• Weight: 2.43 Lbs. (1.1 kg.) with Battery
• ZPL II: Standard
• CPCL: Standard
• USB 2.0 Full Speed: Standard
• WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n: Standard (MIMO capable) or Bluetooth
• WiFi Security:WEP, WPA Personal: TKIP/CCMP
WPA2 Enterprise: EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, PEAP, LEAP
• Operating Temperature: 14 to 122 F (-10 to 50 C)
• Operating Humidity: 10 to 90% Non-Condensing
• Storage Temperature: -40 to 140 F (-40 to 60 C)
• Storage Humidity: 10 to 90% Non-Condensing
• Drop Specification: 5 Ft. (1.5m) / 6 Ft. (1.8m) w/Case
• Emissions: FCC, CE
• Safety: TUV, CE
• Environmental: RoHS, WEEE
• IP54: w/Optional Case
• 7.2v dc (41.7 w-H), 5800mAh Lithium-Ion Battery, Standard (Rechargeable)
• 1D Barcodes: Code 11, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128UCC, Code128 Subsets A.B.C., Codabar, Interleave 2 of 5, EAN-8, EAN-13, EAN-14, EAN-128, UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN and UPC2 (5) Digits, MSI, PLESSEY, POSTNET, China Post ITF14, TELEPEN, PLANET, Deutsche Post Identcode/Leitcode, LOGMARS
• 2D Barcodes: Code 49, PDF-417, MicroPDF-417, Maxicode, DataMatrix, QR Code, Aztec, CODABLOCK F Mode, GS1 Databar
• 8 Alpha-Numeric Bitmap Fonts, Monotype Imaging True Type Font Engine with One CG Triumvirate Bold Condensed Scalable Font
• M4L2 Configuration Utility: Standard
• Printer: 1 Year Parts and Labor
• Printhead: 1 Million Inches (25km) or 6 months
The M4L2 improves business workflow efficiency and productivity by allowing end-users to print and apply labels directly at the point of application, instead of running back and forth between a stationary printer and the boxes of products. With the increasingly competitive and efficient warehouse, manufacturing, and retail environments, the M4L2 delivers measurable ROI in worker productivity, errors reduction, and best-of-practice operations streamlining.
A dual WiFi antenna is a pair of identical antennas on the printer intended to increase the WiFi performance by eliminating signal fading and dead spots. This principle known as antenna diversity, offers the ability to use two different reference points for signal reception and transmission, switching back and forth to the better one. A dual antenna on the printer device offers a solution to the problem associated with WiFi fading, dead spots, and drop-outs experienced by single antennas devices. If for instance, one of the antennas falls out of line of sight or dead spot, the printer automatically switches to the other antenna. The printer’s WiFi system will constantly monitors the signal strengths of both antenna and automatically uses the stronger of the two.
It is very difficult to give the precise number of hours it will last as the usage of the printer varies based on applications. However, based on Printronix battery life test conducted using 4 x 4 label size and setting the printers with the same configuration, the M4L2 lasted for 10.12 Hrs. and printed 3,373 labels vs. the competitive model lasted only 7.33 Hrs. and printed 2,558 labels.
The M4L2 weighs a mere 2.43 pounds (1.1 Kg.) – including the battery.
The M4L2 is available with USB and WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n or USB and Bluetooth V2.1 connectivity.
Yes…the M4L is certified for WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, WEP, WPA, and WPA2, as well as Bluetooth V2.1, Class 2. Please check the product brochure for complete information.
The M4L2 supports both ZGL II and CPCL printer languages.
The M4L2 support a wide range of label types and label sizes. It can also print on receipt papers, Die-Cut, Roll-Fed or Fan-fold. The M4L2 support label width from Min. 2” (50.8mm) to up to 4.4” (110mm); and media length from 0.5” (12.7mm) to 90.0” (2,286mm).
No. The M4L2 is a direct-thermal only printer.
The Printronix Auto ID M4L2 printer has the longest battery life in the market, first in the industry to offer Dual Antenna technology, drop resistant up to 5 feet (6 feet with optional IP54 Case), and an impressive 2.65” label capacity for ultimate efficiency.
No. The Configuration Utility and Firmware is not backward or forward compatible between the M4L and M4L2. Please make sure to download the latest and correct Configuration Utility and Firmware for the respective printer model.
M4L2 Printer (with wifi – no charger)- £810
Single Charger – £25
IP54 Protective Case – £50
Car Charger – £30
Li-ion Battery – £110
Belt Loop – £25
203dpi – £120*
*All prices are the manufacturer’s list price excluding VAT. These are subject to change without notice due to exchange rate fluctuations.
Reseller discounts vary by brand. Refer to the latest TPS price list for your current reseller prices. All specifications shown are subject to change without notice.